ABOUT THE ROLE
OWN Academy works with corporate partners to offer free access to learning of skills around creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship. In particular, we work with leaders and managers at large organizations to deliver crucial skills and build learning communities.
In this role, you will lead and guide the strategy and learning content of OWN Academy’s program as well as contribute to program delivery as lead facilitator, to provide outstanding results for our clients while creating a cutting-edge learning experience for our participants.
You would own…
- Strategic leadership for OWN Academy’s virtual / live learning content
- Program leadership including management, design and delivery
- A vibrant event and lifelong learning calendar for our Asia community
… and build…
- Relationships with key stakeholders and pipeline of potential partnerships
- Internal strategy & processes for Asia
- A strong and effective team
You will manage the Asia team, work closely with the CEO.
To thrive and grow in this role, you will likely be:
- Ambitious, purpose-driven with a passion for working with people and towards impact
- An inspiring and empathetic communicator and facilitator
- Charismatic and comfortable interacting with different stakeholders, incl. senior executives
- Entrepreneur at heart, working with a fast growing team
- Able to create a high energy atmosphere on and offline
- Able to combine big picture strategy with operations & detail-orientation
- Responsible and can work independently
- Goal oriented, a lateral thinker, not afraid to experiment, make mistakes, fail fast and try again.
- Flexible, open-minded and courageous
- Like to work with young people and be a mentor / coach to the many young people we work with
- Fluent in English, highly preferred Cantonese and Mandarin
And will likely have:
- Experience leading and managing learning and development programs
- Training and facilitation experience
- Exposure to senior leaders and executives of corporates
- Knowledge of innovation tools and skills, e.g. human centered design, design thinking
- Project planning experience
Ideally, you might also have experience in
- Team management
- Community-building approaches
- Video production skills / knowledge
- Educational framework / writing / development
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
Why join OWN Academy?
- We are a mission driven company with a goal to create a better world through education.
- You will work with an entrepreneurial, creative and a remote team as well as a global community of OWN ambassadors from over 10 countries
- We are a company that is built with young people for young people. So this individual must also love to teach and work with young people, as we see OWN Academy as a training ground in working with students.
- We offer team-building activities and flexible and remote work modalities