Real World Learning: How to Be a Sustainability Consultant
Are you passionate about making the world a better place? Do you want to discover how you can make a difference, and influence others to do so as well?
Helping people and organizations transform and take action towards a more enduring and thriving future is one of the greatest global challenges we face today. In this course, you’ll learn how to work with companies and non-for-profits on a sustainability issue that speaks to you.
This course is a mix of real world, professional immersive simulation, coupled with self and group learning by observing ourselves and others in action, and reflecting on our observations, to adapt and improve. Students will also benefit from the opportunity to interact with sustainability leaders and experts from different industries, to learn from them and enrich their project outcome.
Students will also gain experience from applying their own research and systems thinking skills to understand the scope and implications of both the challenges and any actions they might propose. Some examples of projects include:
- Alternatives to the plastic packaging of the laundry
- How to address the challenge of proper disposing of recyclables
- Alternatives to single use plastic for catering onboard flights
Dates: April 5 – 9, 2021 (Monday to Friday)
Time: 10:30 am HKT
Minimum 4 student number to activate the class
For every 5 students, we offer 1 scholarship opportunity
Session 1: Introduction to Program
- What is sustainable development
- Select Project
- Develop concepts and ideas to help sell a product
Session 2: Making a Sustainability Plan
- Systems thinking
- Circularity/biomimicry and doughnut economics
Session 3: Design Thinking for social purposes
- Develop individual design thinking template
- Project work
Session 4: Creating the Case for Change
- Project feedback session with industry professionals
- Human engagement and behaviour change strategies
- Raising awareness and taking action
Session 5: Creating an Action Plan
- Mock presentations
- Final project presentations to a panel of experts
- Taking project into the world!
**Time and date of classes are subject to change