Pre-Internship Training By OWN Academy
Learn how to nail an internship with these proven skills & strategies.
Internships are a great opportunity to gain experience, contacts, and in some cases your first job. But what makes an effective intern? How do you get recognized and stand out from the crowd? There are skills that will help you prepare for the world of work and succeed!
What if in five weeks from now you had the skills, tools, and know-how straight from our Internship Training?
Seriously. A lot can change over the course of this program!
- March 29 (Monday) – April 2 (Friday)
- April 5 (Monday) – April 9 (Friday)
Time: 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM HKT (1.5 hours)
*Early Bird rate available until February 28, 2021*
If you would like for OWN Academy to help you find an internship, we also do so as a service. Please contact email@example.com to enquire.
Session 1: Systems Thinking & Design Thinking
See the big picture in an internship and understand how to think like a value-adding intern.
- How to add value to the business
- Understanding and applying design thinking
- Zoom out to gain a business perspective
- Empathize with customer and stakeholders problems
Session 2: Project Management / Communications
Learn the tools to use that support your work, prioritization, and how to communicate effectively in a workplace environment
- Understanding project management and milestones
- Familiarise with common project management tools
- How to confidently present the progress of a project
- Effective internal communications
Session 3: Content Marketing / Social Media
Every company has a digital presence, and there is a craft to master with content marketing.
- Understanding the current social media landscape
- The importance of delivering the right message, at the right time
- Cost per impression and other important metrics
- Determining success metrics and analyzing the data,
Session 4: Web Design / Data Management
Data has become the gold mine of the digital age. Understand how to use data to make decisions and how does it connect to websites and the customer journey.
- Web design platforms and principles
- Understand the customer journey
- Useful excel tricks to manipulate your data
- How to present your data effectively
Session 5: Business Development / Research
For a business to grow, one must understand how to research and sell.
- Develop a mindset for effective sales
- Conduct an unbiased research project
- How to create a competitor analysis
- Presenting like a visionary
Internships are a great opportunity to gain experience, contacts, and in some cases your first job. But what makes an effective intern? How do you get recognized and stand out from the crowd? OWN Academy has worked with and trained hundreds of interns and has condensed this experience into a crash course on how to be a successful intern. Learn key skills that will make you useful, practice how to present to your colleagues, build confidence in your knowledge. Once you complete this course you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.