OWN Academy is a 21st-century education solution for the future of work. We offer career exploration through events, skills training, and match young people to meaningful work experiences. We have a network of industry professionals, students, schools, and parents, to foster an ecosystem of learning that bridges the classroom and the real world.
We’re looking for a Multimedia & Engagement Specialist to engage and grow our social community. This individual will have the exciting opportunity to lead content creation, planning, community management, and performance optimization across key social platforms to engage audiences with a clear KPI focus. The ideal candidate is obsessed with social media, has a pulse on topics that matter to pop culture, and an eye for quality design.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to develop and implement a social media strategy.
- Create strategies on monthly content calendar and daily engagement with the community.
- Create detailed social media plans, including IG Stories, events, programs, influencer takeovers etc.
- Develop post concepts and write all the captions in brand voice. Produce content across all channels (photos, GIFs, illustrations, videos, IG stories).
- Manage and post to all OWN Academy social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and more.
- Keeping track of branded events, newsletter content to align content with timely moments.
- Analytics tracking + reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly).
- Foster and maintain relationships with internal and external organizations, brands, influencers for cross-promotion opportunities.
- Test emerging formats and platforms as they arise.
Skills and Qualifications
- Lives and breathes social media. Has a passion and instinct for keeping on top of the latest trends and platform changes.
- Design / graphic experience with Photoshop and/or Illustrator is a huge plus.
- Excellent writer and creative thinker. A good visual eye and ability to identify quality content.
- Ability to understand the larger context and business objectives of your workstream.
- Is self-directed and self-motivated, but collaborates well; is energized by the idea of cross-department collaboration.
- Is agile; learns quickly, moves fast, and works well under pressure.
- Thoughtful about maintaining a consistent brand identity across all social media channels.
- Interest in education innovation
- 2-3 years of experience
- Fluency in English is a must.