Internship experience is now considered one of the top differentiators to employers and universities. Join us this summer with the most forward-thinking companies in Hong Kong to get a taste of working in the real world and build your CV!
WHAT WE DO
We provide skills training and 24/7 coaching support to high school students to prepare you for an internship placement in a wide range of industries. We will match you with the best fit companies based on your preferences and skills.
Before your internship starts, we host a 3-day training session. Throughout the internship, we will provide you with a counselor for 24/7 phone support as well as networking and social events with your intern cohort and industry professionals.
We partner with innovative companies to offer quality learning experiences to high school students that would be difficult to obtain even as for university students. We coach and challenge students to take initiative and be the talent companies are looking for.
WHY OWN SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
We partner with industry leaders and schools to provide quality learning experiences in real world situations. Our network of professionals, companies, and schools believe in curating experiential learning in professional settings to give students an edge in their future pursuits and a headstart in their career.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
To identify the best intern candidates, we select only the most competitive candidates. We are looking for high school students who embody our three core values: Entrepreneurship, Creativity, and Innovation. We recognize that these values are expressed beyond academics, including extracurriculars, hobbies, and other activities. We encourage all motivated students, aged 16-18 with a drive to learn more about the world and themselves to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
- APPLICATION: Submit your online application form here. The application form includes short answer questions, a copy of your resume/CV as well as a 90-sec video. Our admissions team will be in touch to schedule an interview with you.
- OWN ACADEMY INTERVIEW: In the 20-minute video interview, we want to learn about you and your dreams. We will ask you about your past work experience, extracurricular experience, goals, and motivations. This is your chance to shine!
- DEPOSIT: We will inform you within 5 business days about the status of your application. If you are selected, confirm your placement with a deposit to proceed with placement.
- INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT: Once we have received your deposit, we will match you with respective companies for another interview. The remaining payment will be due 30 days after the deposit.
- COMPANY INTERVIEW: Matched companies will schedule an interview with you. We will support you throughout this process with coaching and consultation.
INDUSTRIES AND PARTNER COMPANIES
OWN Academy partners with innovative industries in forward industries that allows for holistic development for personal and professional growth including:
- Media & Publication
- Arts & Culture
- Internet of Things & Hardware
- Sharing Economy
- Supply Chain
- Food & Beverage
- Health & Wellness
- Social Enterprise & NGO
Program Dates: Monday, July 8 – Friday, Aug 9
Skills Training: July 8 – 10
Placement: July 11 – Aug 8
Debrief: Aug 9
Application Due Date: April 1, 2019
Video Interviews: April 2 – 19, 2019
Company Interviews: April 22 – May 17, 2019
Application Due Date:
May 1, 2019 June 1, 2019 Last chance!
May 2 – 17, 2019 June 4 – 14, 2019
May 20 – June 7, 2019 June 17 – 28, 2019
Early Applications: $18,000 HKD
Regular Applications: $24,000 HKD
(Deposit will be 50% of the stated amount)
1) Interview coaching before company interviews
2) 3-day pre-internship training
3) An assigned counsellor for 24/7 support during the internship
4) Bi-monthly catch up to ensure progress and learning during the internship
5) Networking events with intern cohort and industry professionals
* In the unlikely case that no internship is matched, we will refund most of the payment but retain a 10% administration fee of the total program cost.
I have learned to accept any opportunity that you’re given because you never know what you will learn from it, and you should use to the opportunity to explore your interests. This internship helped me grow because I have never worked in a company before this internship, so being able to learn from professionals and having the chance to meet people from all walks of life were some really rewarding experience.
Through working in both a marketing company and a magazine/ media outlet I was able to see both sides of the media industry which helped me a lot to understand how this professional world works. By working in a real life company I was also able to gain maturity and become more assertive and responsible of my actions and creative decisions.
It was a valuable experience in showing me how the theoretical knowledge I was learning in college could be used in a practical way in the workforce, to potentially make a real difference. I would have never have had this opportunity without the help of OWN Academy, and would highly recommend it to any student looking for internships and experiences to best guide them with their future careers.
– Vienna Tsang,
interned at SCMP Young Post
– Vanshika Grey,
interned at On Air Collective
– Emily Ketchum,
interned at WWF