WHAT IS IT
Internship experience is now considered one of the top differentiators to employers. Welcome to OWN High School Summer Internship in Hong Kong to gain a summer experience that will give you a head start in life! Intern for the most forward-thinking companies to get a taste of working in the real world and start building your internship CV.
We will match you with the best fit companies based on your preferences and skills. A mandatory 2-day training will be included before the start of your internship and we will also provide you with a counselor for 24/7 phone support during the internship as well as social events to network with the rest of the intern cohort.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
This program is highly competitive and selective, designed to identify the best intern candidates. Early applicants will be given first hand consideration for the most competitive roles in our extensive network. The best here does not mean those with academic excellence, instead the best in demonstrating competence in future ready skills as stated by the World Economic Forum’s The Future of Jobs Report.
HOW DOES IT WORK
1) APPLICATION: Submit an application found on our “Apply Now” tab. The application form will ask about you, a copy of your resume/CV as well as a 90-sec video. You will then be contacted to book an interview time with our admissions team.
2) INTERVIEW: In a 20-minute video interview, we want to get to know you, we will ask you about your past work experience, extracurricular experience, goals, and motivations. This is your chance to shine!
3) IF SUCCESSFUL IN YOUR INTERVIEW WITH US, CONFIRM YOUR PROGRAM PLACEMENT WITH A DEPOSIT: After your video interview, you will be informed within 5 business days if you were selected to join our program. Note: We will refund your payment if we are unable to place you in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice of career field.
4) INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT: Once we have received your deposit, we will start matching you with the respective companies for interviews and the remaining payment will be due 30 days after your deposit.
Agriculture AI AR / VR Architecture Arts and Culture BioTech Design E-Commerce Education
|Entrepreneurship / Startups|
|Health and Fitness|
|IoT / Hardware / Big Data / Data Science|
|Media / Publication|
|Social Enterprise / NGO|
|UX / UI|
|And many more…|
1st Round of Application
Application due date: March 1, 2019
Video interviews: March 4 – 15, 2019
Company interviews: March 18 – April 12, 2019
2nd Round of Application
Application due date: April 1, 2019
Video interviews: April 2 – 19, 2019
Company interviews: April 22 – May 17, 2019
Apply before March 1st: $8,000 HKD
Apply before April 1st: $9,000 HKD
Regular: $10,000 HKD
(Deposit will be 50% of the amount per application date)
1) Interview coaching before company interviews
2) 2-day pre-internship training
3) An assigned counselor for 24/7 support during the internship
4) Bi-monthly catch up to ensure progress and learning during the internship
5) 1 x Social networking event for intern cohort
I never thought that I could have a chance to work in a media organization before joining the Collide program provided by OWN Academy. Both the Collide (Real-world learning week) program and my two-week internship were helpful to me, since I learned how to create a successful marketing campaign through Collide, and learned valuable skills and lessons during my internship at SCMP Young Post.
– Vienna Tsang,
interned at SCMP Young Post
The Collide (Real-world learning week) program helped me a lot as I was able to talk to a lot of marketing industry professionals directly and learn things from them which I later on implemented in my internship.
– Vanshika Grey,
interned at On Air Collective
It was a valuable experience in showing me how the theoretical knowledge I was learning in college could be used in a practical way in the workforce, to potentially make a real difference. I would have never have had this opportunity without the help of OWN Academy, and would highly recommend it to any student looking for internships and experiences to best guide them with their future careers.
– Emily Ketchum,
interned at WWF